Monday, September 29, 2008

my first marathon!

On September 20 I ran my very first marathon! It was the Top of Utah Marathon in the Logan, Utah area. The first 14 miles were beautiful and so easy because they were in a canyon. The fall foilage was beautiful, and there is a stream right next to the road. The last miles were a lot harder, but then people can come and watch once you get of the canyon. There were some really cute people that cheered for everyone, and some that played music from their yards. There was even one family that had a water table set up for the runners. That helped a lot.
Thank you to all the friends and family that supported me, even if you weren't able to come watch the race. Thank you to Kaylyn for coming to watch, and for cheering for me at some of my toughest places. Thank you to my family for coming to watch also. It was good to see ya! Thank you to Justin's family for all your support.

These pictures are not my favorite, but I have to remember that I just ran a long ways. Notice they are smaller than the ones I usually post. The running ones are right before the 21 mile mark. I was so happy to see my family right here!



Right after the race. I could barely stand! They had free massages and a place to take a shower after the race. That helped me feel a lot better, but I still couldn't walk normally for 2 or 3 days after!

Logan Temple, it was near the finish line, and where Justin parked.

Just a video of the finish.

4 comments:

sagewillow said...

wow Rachel that is awesome, congrats!! how long did it take you to train for it?

Rachel & Justin said...

I got a 16 week training plan off the Internet, but I didn't start it until 11 weeks before the marathon. Before I started the training plan, I was running a few miles here and there for a couple months.

Kaylyn said...

You did great running, and I glad we got to spend a little time with you while you were in Logan. Congrats again.

Jamie Bills said...

I am so proud to call you my cousin! :)